Celgene provides financial support to a range of organisations and initiatives that make a positive impact on our patients, our communities and our world, today and for years to come. We are committed to improving the lives of patients and focus our support in areas where we can make the greatest impact.
Payments to Patient Groups
In 2017, Celgene provided payments to, or on behalf of, the following patient groups in the UK:
ACLT – AFRICAN CARIBBEAN LEUKAEMIA TRUST
- Grant towards local donor drives to recruit BME (Black Minority Ethnic) individuals to blood, bone marrow and/or organ donor registers – £15,000.
ARTHRITIS CARE NORTHERN IRELAND
- Grant to support the Lecture to raise the profile of arthritis on the health agenda – £650.
ARTHRITIS RESEARCH UK
- Grant to support the development of a dedicated patient resource for people with Psoriatic Arthritis – £28,000.
- Grant to support educational masterclass on pancreatic cancer and 2016 activities including; supporting member organisations, attendance at World Pancreatic Cancer Coalition, World Pancreatic Cancer Day and maintenance of website and social media channels – £10,000.
LEUKAEMIA CARE SOCIETY
- Consultancy fee for presentation and attendance at MDS Nurse Advisory Board – £500.
- Consultancy fees for input into Celgene CAR-T clinical trial programme – £180.
- Consultancy fees for input into Celgene CAR-T clinical trial programme – £300.
- 2016 Grant to support core information and support services for people who are affected with Lymphatic cancer – £15,000.
- 2017 Grant to support core information and support services for people who are affected with Lymphatic cancer including; patient information, national and regional patient conferences and educational events for health professionals – £15,000.
- Grant towards Myeloma UK’s support to patients and families living with Multiple Myeloma – £110,000.
- Grant towards Myeloma UK European patient group liaison programme – £5,000.
- Celgene payment for 2 employees to enter the 2017 Myeloma UK Bike Ride – £1,898.
- Consultancy & travel expenses for input into Celgene Value of Innovation project – £547.99.
- Consultancy fees towards participation in Myeloma Awareness Week Radio Day – £500.
PANCREATIC CANCER ACTION
- Grant to support pancreatic cancer patients in the development of a health tracker App (in conjunction with POW health Ltd) and its maintenance over two years – £118,000.
- Donation to Pancreatic Cancer Action – £1,300.
PANCREATIC CANCER UK
- 2016 Grant to support Pancreatic Cancer UK’s awareness and Health Professional networking activity including; International Summit – Inspiring Innovation 2017 and awareness raising, networking event for supporters and the pancreatic cancer community – £30,000.
- 2017 Corporate Membership Fee – £1,500.
UK MDS PATIENT SUPPORT GROUP
- 2016 Grant to support information and support for MDS patients and their families including: Patient Forum Event Manchester, eight regional support group meetings, production of newsletter, MDS UK Handbook development and distribution and website information pages – £34,500.
WORLD CHILD CANCER
- 2016 Donation to World Child Cancer – £8,333.40.
- 2017 Donation to World Child Cancer – £98,750.
Date of preparation: May 2018